Monday, April 19, 2021

Spring is Sprung!

 



Onions are coming up in the grow boxes, along with radishes and a few carrots. A few tomatoes are growing on my planter tomatoes and we are under a freeze warning for the next two nights. 

Say what?! Okay, maybe it's spring but remember that ground hog? He's still in witness protection. Well, the tomatoes are in planters so I rolled the planters into the garage. I think I pulled something getting them in the wagon. At least they are safe for the next couple of days. Things like the cute little blue spruce have to fend for themselves, but then it's from Colorado, so it should be okay. 



Anyway, on a different subject, I got the ARC (advanced reader copy) of Billy Bob Flybottom and I am so excited! The illustrations are adorable and I can't wait for publication day. If you want to read an advance copy, email me and I can send you a link to Net Galley. firstbookscape@gmail.com  All I ask is that you leave a review there.

 I hope you enjoy the story. It's an early chapter book--an Appalachian tall tale. (And out of my own demented mind!) It also won a couple of awards--3rd place RPLA, 1st place Oklahoma City Writers, Honorable Mention in Oklahoma Writers Federation. Billy Bob is being published by Doodle and Peck Publishers out of Yukon, OK. The illustrations are by David Barrow. 


 I got back from Tennessee last week. It was a wonderful trip connecting with author pals and old friends. Things have certainly changed in a year, though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment