Friday, November 24, 2017

        Have you ever had one of those moments when you looked at your last blog/note, journal entry, etc and said. "Has it really been that long?"

        In this case, it really has. The book I signed the contract for, Power Stone of Alogol, has been published for almost six months. It is the third installment in The Mendel Experiment series. Please take a moment and look at it either on Amazon.com or the World Castle Publishing site. 



         My fantasy, Portals, was a finalist in the Florida Writers' Association Royal Palm Literary Award competition this summer, but did not win a prize. Taking the judges rubrics, I am going to make improvements and then publish it on Create Space (I want to include some illustrations) or send it to my publisher (if I decide against illustrations). 
         I also submitted The Mendel Experiment to the same competition and won second place!  I was really excited!   



         I am still working on my other science fiction story. It's getting critiqued by my writer's group in Etowah. Almost there! 
         Speaking of my writers' group, the Etowah Writers' Guild, I have three stories in a horror anthology that was published in June also. It is called Haunted Houses and Terrifying Tales. 


         I am also working on a fourth (and most likely, last) Mendel story, tentatively called Secrets of the Forest. 
         In the meantime, I have had two surgeries this year; one on my shoulder and one on my knee. Both healing nicely, thank you. I also retired in May. It has been wonderful, but as you can see, I am still trying to find my motivation. We also plan on moving closer to our children. No specific timeline on that one. Anyway, that is a year and almost a half since the last blog. Seriously don't want to wait that long for the next one!!! 

Happy Holidays, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment