Saturday, February 1, 2014

It is a new year (well, second month in the new year, but still new enough). Hopefully a productive year. On the book front, I have send in a manuscript to a publisher. Fingers are crossed.



Also thought it might be a good idea to show off the book I was talking so much about in my first post. You have to agree, it is a wonderful cover! If you haven't already, I hope you read it, too! (Amazon.com)



Sometimes, when writing hits a wall, I do something else, like making rugs or embroidering ornaments. My cat, Skipper is helping to flatten a newly finished rug. He does a great job; he weighs 17 pounds. 

I have also tried to read as much as possible. Many, in fact all authors I have talked to say that a good writer  also reads a great deal. Sometimes I wonder if both activities are possible (especially in a 9 to 5 job) but I have managed to read some very good books. Caught up on some authors I read when I was younger, Anne McCaffrey and Andre Norton, Fantasy Baseball by Alan Gratz, the Wolves of the Beyond series by Kathryn Lasky, and am currently reading a non-fiction/autobiography called The Berlin Candy Bomber by Gail Halverson. He is very detailed, but still keeps it interesting. 

BTW I am still attending a writer's group, The Etowah Writers' Alliance. It is sometimes difficult to get there on time from work (you figure the distance between East Ridge TN and Etowah!) I sometimes wave as I pass my house in Cleveland on my way to the meeting. Great group and worth the trip!!  (Now I have to work on the writing prompt we got last meeting-- think, think, think....) 

Feel free to send suggestions on anything: books, writing, marketing, the like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment