Monday, January 18, 2016

What Happened to the Time?






                                   Time flies when you're having fun!    

Recently I realized that over three months has passed since my last blog entry. Four holidays have gone by. The tree has been put up and taken down since then. Christmas vacation is but a fond memory. It is a new year. We have had snow flurries and surfing weather. And my latest novel has been out for over a month, for crying out loud.

It's time (pun intended) to fix this oversight.

Thomas Edison once said of his newly invented phonograph (and I am paraphrasing). 'I want this baby to grow up and support me in my old age.' That is what I like to say about my books. When I do most of my venues, I bring along more than books. I bring my Scentsy products, homemade rugs, and jellies. It usually takes all of those to pay the booth fee and a little more. I feel blessed when I sell more than three books.

This Saturday (January 16th) I was at the Birchwood Crane Days Festival. Been going there for some years, either as a vendor or a volunteer.
I am in here somewhere (out of picture actually).
Courtesy of Cleveland Daily Banner
It was rather chilly inside the gym of the old school, (I was between two of the doors.)  I set up everything and hoped that January was going to be a good month. To my surprise, I sold numerous books. Everything else sort of languished. You can't imagine what a wonderful boost that is to an author. It was a great day!

By the way, I am working on another novel. It is a fantasy about cats and dogs working together to save their human.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment