Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Reviews,
(oh, please, not the "R" word!)



I have said before that I am a babe in the woods when it comes to marketing my books. My royalties reflect that, (but they are improving, so maybe there's hope.) One thing I have learned is that reviews are the holy grail of sellers, on Amazon especially. (And almost all of us who write have books offered on Amazon. To be honest, it's not just books; I think Noah's ark is probably up on Amazon!)


 In all seriousness, reviews have always been there to help us decide which movies to  see, doctors to go to, (it was word of mouth before we had Angie's List), and so forth.  So it's no wonder we all wish that everyone who has bought our books would trot over  to Amazon and leave a review.

Good reviews fuel more sales, whether on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Goodreads. (I think Amazon has perks for those who generate lots of reviews.) The last movie I saw in a theater came about because I read reviews.


Now I have read about people who cheat to get lots of reviews. There will always be a few of those, sad to say. Those people are small minorities. Most of us are good folks wanting to do the right thing.





So I guess I am asking in a round-about way, please, anytime you read books, could you review them? Even if you didn't buy it off Amazon, you can still go there and leave an honest review. We authors would appreciate it.


(Logos used for diversity. My thanks to the companies...)

No comments:

Post a Comment